We help you explore all of your exit options and develop an exit strategy that achieves your personal vision. Your strategy will include a roadmap to maximize your business value and be highly attractive to potential acquirers. The roadmap also helps your acquirer to be successful after the transaction.
Over the next 10 years there will be more businesses for sale than the market will bear. Current research has shown 80% of companies below $50M do not sell. With Cornerstone, you can overcome these odds and achieve the financial reward you have worked so hard to earn.
Your Exit Plan
A well-designed and implemented exit plan is a powerful tool to manage your business. Your exit plan will enable you to
- Achieve your business goals and personal vision
- Learn how to maximize the value of your company
- Secure financial wealth for you and your family
- Exit on your terms
- Ensure your business legacy benefits others
- Protect family harmony
- Create growth opportunities for your employees
- Minimize your tax obligations
- Create options that enhance your personal freedom
Our process begins by evaluating your current business from an acquirer perspective. This not only includes a business valuation, but also outlining the strengths and weaknesses of your company based on your:
- Leadership Team and Management Systems
- Intellectual Capital
- Strategic Relationships
- Unique Value Proposition & Competitive Advantage
- Marketing & Sales Strategy
- Market Dynamics
After we complete this analysis we create a roadmap to take your company to the next level. This roadmap will include action plans for you to implement as well as action plans for the acquirer.
With a roadmap in place, we then evaluate the most likely buyers (strategic versus non-strategic) and what the transaction will most likely look like (sales price, terms and deal structure).
Once the roadmap is completed, we help you through implementation and the transaction.
Managing the sale of a business is a full-time job. Cornerstone manages this process so you can continue focusing on the business while Cornerstone finds the best buyer candidates. After buyers have been fully vetted and qualified, your advisor will manage negotiations and coordinate all activities required to sell your business. As a full service advisory firm, we also help develop a transition plan so the new owner is positioned for success.
During the sales process your Advisor will:
- Prepare a Confidential Business Review to market your business
- Create a private cloud based data room for all relevant documents -- documents required by the buyer, attorneys and bankers
- Market the business and qualify potential buyers
- Negotiate LOI's to purchase the business prior to talking with the owner
- Facilitate negotiations that lead to a binding offer
- Managing the closing process with attorneys and bankers
- Develop a transition plan for the new owner
"Cornerstone helped us sell our business by creating a solid Exit Plan and marketing our business the right way. Our Advisor attracted qualified buyers who made multiple full price offers. I truly believe we couldn't have sold our business without Cornerstone."
Sarah Blackman, Home Instead Senior Care